A New Life by Formal Acceptance Letter: Boston Bound?
Last week's pain of rejection from Michigan has been replaced with pure joy and excitement from today's letter of acceptance to Boston University's Archaeology department. This feeling is unbelievable--I cannot yet put it into words. It was only about an hour ago when I checked my mailbox to see another plain white envelope sealed with my fate...
Dear Ms. Murphy,
I am pleased to recognize your excellent academic record and promise of high scholarly achievement with an offer of admission to the Master of Arts degree program in Archaeology. Admission to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences is competitive and governed by the principle that the strength of any graduate program lies not only in its faculty and facilities, but especially in the quality and commitment of its students. On behalf of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, I congratulate you and extend this warm invitation to join us at Boston University, beginning the Fall 2005 Semester.
Now it's time for the fun part. Sitting back and waiting for the four other letters to arrive. If I don't get accepted anywhere else with an offer for a good financial aid package, it looks like I'll be headed to Beantown.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home