Friday, January 28, 2005

Baby Steps

I only discovered this comprehensive "blogosphere" just a few days ago, thanks to Mark Grimsley, professor of military history at Ohio State University. He asked me to be a contributor in ancient military history for his blog, War Historian. You can find my introduction under New Recruit.

I know a little bit about blogs, as I keep a personal one through Xanga, but I decided I would jump into the world of the professional blog by creating Classical Archaeologist. It is here where I will post reviews, thoughts and comments on scholarship pertaining to ancient history, classical archaeology and geoarchaeology. Many of the articles I will be reviewing will have some direct relationship to my senior honors thesis entitled "Data Collection and Methodological Consistency in Intensive Survey: A Case Study from the Eastern Korinthia". I received the fine privilege of traveling to the Corinthia to conduct my own research on survey methodology in September 2004. For this, acknowledgement must be given to my thesis advisor Timothy E. Gregory and his ongoing projects in the Corinthia and at Isthmia.

I hope I have what it takes to move up the blogosphere ecosystem, or hierarchy. For now, I'll aspire to be a part of slimy molluscs; I think that's a reasonable goal for a beginner making her first baby steps.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark G. said...

Great looking site, and a nice first post. You're on your way, and I look forward to paying regular visits. - War Historian

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home